Thursday, September 28, 2023

7 Million Views!


Hey there, groovy people! I hope regular visitors to this blog have not tired of occasional posts celebrating readership milestones, but I’m so gratified folks dig what this blog is layin’ down that I never want to take these moments for granted. Sometime in the wee hours this morning, the all-time tally for page views of Every ’70s Movie ticked over the 7 million mark, which is way more than I could have imagined when I started this project 13 years ago. And while posting has been irregular in recent years, I still have a healthy list of legit features yet to be reviewed for this blog, “legit” in this circumstance meaning an American fictional feature (be it fully domestic or an international co-production with American participation) released to U.S. cinemas between Jan. 1, 1970, and Dec. 31, 1979. Beyond that, there are plenty of outliers I believe will interest readers, such as notable documentaries, foreign films, and made-for-TV flicks—loyal readers know all of those categories are well-represented in this space. All of which is to say there’s a lot more to come in the future. Until next time, keep on keepin’ on!


8 comments:

Openroad said...

Happy to be one of the 7 million views! I’ve enjoyed reading about and then tracking down some “hidden” gems from 70s cinema - thanks for doing the hard work so I can enjoy some funky flicks!

A. D. Jameson said...

Congrats! You deserve it, your blog is ... outta sight!

Jocko said...

Congratulations! Not sure if you saw it but I'd recommend to you, or any of your readers, the documentary called The Police Tapes (1977). I don't believe it was released theatrically. It did play on television. Sort of a precursor to the t.v. show COPS, a camera crew follows around a bunch of New York police officers in the Bronx. I thought it was pretty good. Funny how most of the cops in roll call all have mustaches and are smoking cigarettes. Glad to hear you'll keep on chugging away with more reviews!

salemslot9 said...

Wow!
That’s super cool Mr. Hanson.🎬

Jocko said...

In the spirit of the Halloween season Peter, I've been meaning to ask you (for a couple of years now) why you never reviewed the television horror movie Nightmare At 37,000 Feet?

I get it that you can be a busy man, but I'm surprised you never reviewed it for your blog. Despite being a made for television flick, it did get it's own dvd release so it must have some merits (maybe). I haven't seen it myself, but I do like the cheesy cast including William Shatner and big Chuck Conners.

What gives Peter my good man? You just never had the time to watch and review it, or was it just that horrendously bad that you'd rather not waste valuable time from your life covering it?

By Peter Hanson said...

Hm. Seems as if that one inexplicably evaded my attention. An oversight easily corrected... Watch this space!

Eugene said...

Kudos to you for reviewing [providing beautiful Original Posters] the best decade of American Cinema for our generation. Keep up the good work, man.

Jocko said...

Ever think of reviewing a movie called The Night Digger? A British production but was supposedly released in the U.S. in 1971